Certified Medical Assistant
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- We take care of our employees with Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, PTO, 9 Paid Holidays and access to Fitness Centers.
- $1000 signing bonus
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving and caring for our community of patients, has a great attention to detail and loves working on a team. Some technical requirements for this position are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Active and unencumbered Medical Assistant Certification or Registration through an accredited agency (CCMA, RMA, CMA, etc.).
- Bilingual in English/Spanish required
- Previous experience as a Medical Assistant preferred, but we are willing to train new Medical Assistants
- Ability to successfully pass a background check in relation to the position applied for
Day to Day:
- Prepare patients for examination and treatment.
- Take patient histories and vital signs.
- Document information accurately using appropriate forms and charting format in health care information record.
- Perform intake procedures and assist providers with patients.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Assist with patient follow‑up activities, including referrals, recall and other patient needs.
- Work closely with other team members and support the clinic with other needs as identified by the supervisor.