Must be COVID-19 vaccinated.
Location: Sunnyside, WA
Schedule: 4/10 hour shifts, 7:30-6:30 with rotating Saturdays.
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- We take care of our employees with Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, PTO, 9 Paid Holidays and access to Fitness Centers.
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving our community of patients, has a great attention to detail and loves working on a team. Some technical requirements for this position are:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bilingual in English/Spanish highly preferred
- Previous customer service experience, healthcare experience is preferred
- Ability to successfully pass a background check in relation to the position applied for
Day to Day:
- Greet patients and visitors at the clinic in a prompt, courteous, and helpful manner.
- Identify incoming patients with acute needs and immediately notify medical staff of the concern.
- Check in patients, verify and update necessary information in computer system and on patient forms.
- Review and collect insurance information.
- Calculate charges and collect payments.
- Schedule patient appointments.
- Make reminder calls of upcoming appointments.
- Work closely with other team members and support the clinic with other needs as identified by the supervisor.