Integrated Service Technician
This job requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- YNHS offers great compensation for this position, with a starting wage of $17/hr-$19.55/hr, along with high value benefits of employer provided medical, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement insurances. To support our team, we also provide ten paid holidays, flexible amounts of paid leave and/or cash-out options, and retention bonuses to reward commitment to our mission.
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving our community of patients and enjoys working in a team! Some technical requirements for this position are:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience as a medical assistant or certificate of CMA or CNA completion, or willingness to learn.
- Skill in customer service and data entry.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely, read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required. Convenient if bilingual in English/Laotian, English / Cambodian, English/Vietnamese, English/Russian, and/or ability to sign.
- Candidate has not been sanctioned or excluded from participation in federal or state healthcare programs by a federal or state law enforcement, regulatory, or licensing agency.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check in relation to the position applied for.
Day to Day:
- Escorts patients through all areas of YNHS services – including medical, dental, vision, pharmacy, outreach, etc.
- interprets for patients to assure accurate and complete communication between YNHS staff and patients.
- Perform intake and registration procedures and assist providers with patients as directed.
- Maintain patient confidentiality.
- Assist with patient follow-up activities as directed
- Maintain proper sanitation standards, according to YNHS procedure, both with cleaning and sterilization procedures of patient facilities and instruments.
- Administer procedures as directed by supervisors and in accordance with Washington State Health Care Assistant regulations.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Represent YNHS in local meetings as requested.
- Perform related work and other tasks as requested.