Health and Homeless Services Case Manager
COVID-19 vaccination required
Hours: Monday- Friday 8:30- 5pm. Weekend Rotation- 1 weekend every other month, flexing 2 days during the week.
Location: Yakima, WA
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- YNHS offers great compensation for this position, with a starting wage of $21/hr-$24.15/hr, along with high value benefits of employer provided medical, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement insurances. To support our team, we also provide ten paid holidays, flexible amounts of paid leave and/or cash-out options, and retention bonuses to reward commitment to our mission.
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a candidate that has a passion to work with individuals who are homeless or in transitional housing The technical qualifications are:
- Associate degree in behavioral or health sciences or related field.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Two years of closely related work experience.
- Knowledge of effective case management practices.
- Knowledge of government benefits and community resources.
- Experience in effective social service delivery.
- Knowledge of addiction and mental health pathologies.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check in relation to the position applied for.
Day to Day:
- Identification and outreach to homeless persons to determine who is in need of services.
- Provides case management support, including scheduled and unscheduled home visits.
- Assessment of need to determine client limitations and strengths.
- Work with agencies / organizations to maximize clients’ abilities to stabilize housing and improve self-sufficiency.
- Develop service plan with clients to set goals (including self- management goals) and action steps toward self-sufficiency.
- Provide assistance with securing food, shelter, clothing and referrals to other supportive services.
- Provide assistance in accessing entitlements