This job requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- We take care of our employees with Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, PTO, 9 Paid Holidays and access to Fitness Centers.
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving our community of patients and enjoys working in a team! Some technical requirements for this position are:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Experience in public speaking.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check in relation to the position applied for.
Day to Day:
- Provide nutrition and health education to clients; educate clients about WIC rules and regulations.
- Interview applicants to obtain eligibility information, with sensitivity toward clients’ needs.
- Conduct a client interview that includes a medical history, anthropometric measurements, 24-hour recall, and hematocrit.
- Correctly interpret eligibility information and document this information in a computer file.
- Refer clients as needed to other community resources