Maternity Support Services Counselor
This job requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- YNHS offers great compensation for this position, with a starting wage of $40/hr-$46/hr, along with high value benefits of employer provided medical, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement insurances. To support our team, we also provide ten paid holidays, flexible amounts of paid leave and/or cash-out options, and retention bonuses to reward commitment to our mission.
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving our community of patients and enjoys working in a team! Some technical requirements for this position are:
- Master’s in Psychology, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or EducationalPsychology with an intern or practicum experience in direct counseling services; orcertification within Washington State as a Certified Social Worker, Certified Mental HealthCounselor, Certified Marriage and Family Therapist, or Licensed Psychologist; plus oneyear (40 hour week; not internships or practicum) supervised experience with directcounseling services to clients.
- Convenient if bilingual in English/Spanish, English/Laotian,English / Cambodian, English/Vietnamese, English/Russian, and/or ability to sign.
- Candidate has not been sanctioned or excluded from participation in federal or statehealthcare programs by a federal or state law enforcement, regulatory, or licensing agency.
Day to Day:
Provide psychosocial assessment, counseling, and education to pregnant/postpartum clients.
Complete screens for depression with postpartum clients.
- Provide counseling in such areas as grief and loss, postpartum depression, parenting, sexual abuse, domestic violence, etc
- Attend case conferences on a regular basis with other YNHS health staff to address the comprehensive needs of the clients.
- Maintain strict confidentiality standards in regard to mental health services and chemical dependency counseling standard.
- Obtain appropriate and specific releases from clients before sharing information with other agencies.
- Develop and maintain appropriate linkages with other mental health/social services in the community who may share YNHS clients.
- Work in coordination with other YNHS health providers to develop education programs for YNHS patients and staff.
- Works cooperatively with students, modeling and directing counseling activities.
- Participate in quality assurance activities and peer review as requested.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient, and confidential work area.
- Represent YNHS in local meetings as requested.
- Perform related work or other tasks as requested.