This job requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Location: Yakima, WA
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- YNHS offers great compensation for this position, with a starting wage of $20/hr-$23/hr, along with high value benefits of employer provided medical, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement insurances. To support our team, we also provide ten paid holidays, flexible amounts of paid leave and/or cash-out options, and retention bonuses to reward commitment to our mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving our community of patients and enjoys working in a team! We offer training opportunities to employees who are in an assistant role and looking to grow into a technician role. Some technical requirements are:
- Ability to fluently speak in English and Spanish.
- High School Diploma.
- Active and unencumbered Pharmacy Assistant or Pharmacy Technician License.
- Ability to 40 hours a week, 5 days per week, Monday-Saturday 10:00-6:30. When employee work on Saturday, they will receive another day off within the week.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check in relation to the position applied for.
Day to Day:
- Files and retrieves various pharmacy records as required
- Order and maintain medication stock as directed.
- Delivery of medications
- Files completed prescriptions alphabetically on the shelf for patient pick-up.
- Performs charging and crediting processes.
- Reviews patient profile to retrieve specific clerical and other information as directed by the pharmacist.
- Accepts written prescriptions and refill requests from patients where no changes are required.
- Helps out with other duties in the pharmacy as needed, as allowed by licensure.