Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated for the position.
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- YNHS offers great compensation for this position, with a starting wage of $18/hr-$20.70/hr, along with high value benefits of employer provided medical, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement insurances. To support our team, we also provide ten paid holidays, flexible amounts of paid leave and/or cash-out options, and retention bonuses to reward commitment to our mission.
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a skilled maintenance worker to join our team. To do well in this position, the candidate needs to be highly skilled with power tools, hand tools and grounds keeping equipment. Ability to read blue prints and manuals, researching and diagnosing equipment and building issues is necessary.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Repair experience with buildings, housing units, machines, equipment, desks, chairs, file cabinets, etc.
- Experience performing light construction such as repairing door frames, cabinetry, replacing appliances, sheet rock windows, doors, floors, handles, etc.
- Experience performing preventative maintenance services on clinic buildings, systems and grounds.
- Ability to work independently and on a team.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of personnel.
Day to Day:
- Identify cleaning and repair needs of YNHS property and equipment.
- Maintain regular schedule of cyclical maintenance activities.
- Maintain maintenance equipment in a clean and orderly manner.
- Assure all clinic facilities are comfortable, clean, safe, sanitary and conducive to the delivery of quality patient care.
- Serves as a key member of Environment of Care Committee.
- Perform necessary repairs, installations, redecorations, improvements, and/or replacement of furniture and fixtures.
- Be available for all building and maintenance emergencies.
- General upkeep of grounds and buildings.
- Janitorial duties necessary to keep facilities clean and hazard-free.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Represent YNHS in local meetings as requested.
- Perform related work and other tasks as requested.