Maternity Support Services Case Manager
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
- We were the first Health Center in the state to achieve the highest level of recognition possible as a Patient-Centered Medical Home and we are accredited by the Joint Commission.
- We are guided by Organizational Values of Commitment, Professionalism, Quality/Excellence and Compassion.
- We take care of our employees with Medical, Dental, Disability and Life Insurance, PTO, 9 Paid Holidays and access to Fitness Centers.
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving our community of patients and enjoys working in a team! Some technical requirements for this position are:
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in a social service-related field and at least on year of full-time experience working in a social service field. Associate degree in behavioral or health sciences or related field and two years closely related work experience may be substituted.
- Good Attention to detail; good written and verbal communication skills.
- Required bilingual inEnglish/Spanish; convenient if ability to sign.
- Candidate must not have been sanctioned or excluded from participation infederal or state health care programs by a federal or state law enforcement, regulatory, or licensing agency.
- Ability to successfully pass a background check in relation to the position applied for.
Day to Day:
- Provide pregnant/postpartum clients with resources and referrals to become self-sufficient.
- Conduct Maternity Case management Intake/Assessment to identify client needs.
- Attend case conference on a regular basis with YNHS MSS team member to address the comprehensive needs of clients.
- Assist in development of quality assurance standards for maternity case management.
- Develop and maintain appropriate linkages with community agencies, prenatal providers, and Maternity Support team members.
- Participate in staff in-service meetings
- Participate in quality assurance activities and peer review as requested.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Represent YNHS in local meetings as requested.
- Perform related work and other tasks as requested.