Must be fully COVID-19 vaccinated.
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
YNHS offers great compensation for this position, with a starting wage of $45-$50 and hour, along with high value benefits of employer provided medical, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement insurances. To support our team, we also provide 10 paid holidays, flexible amounts of paid leave and/or cash-out options, and retention bonuses to reward commitment to our mission.
Our Ideal Candidate: We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving our community of patients and enjoys working in a team! Some technical requirements for this position are:
- Licensed as a Registered Dental Hygienist in the State of Washington.
- Experience in public health dentistry and/pr community health setting preferred.
- Skill in customer service.
- Knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely.
- Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
- Convenient if bilingual and/or ability to sign.
- Candidate has not been sanctioned or excluded from participation in federal or state healthcare programs by federal or state law enforcement, regulatory , or licensing agency.
Day to Day:
- Perform general dental hygienist services, within the scope of a dental hygienist’s license, under the supervision of the YNHS Dentist and/or Dental Director.
- Prepare equipment and assist dentist(s) during examination and treatment of patients.
- Monitor infection control techniques.
- Perform preventive dental services as prescribed by treatment plan.
- Work with other YNHS public health and primary care staff to provide oral health education and assessment to YNHS medical / public health patients.
- Assist dentist and receptionists in evaluation of patients in acute pain.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all services rendered in patient chart, and on encounter forms.
- Assist Dental Services Coordinator to maintain accurate dental recall system.
- Assure and assist, when directed by supervisor, in sterilization and disinfecting procedures.
- Observe and report patient reactions to sedatives and anesthetics administered.
- Assist in inventory and ordering of dental supplies.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Represent YNHS in local meetings as requested.
- Perform related work and other tasks as requested