Must be COVID-19 vaccinated
Who We Are:
Established in 1975, Non-Profit Yakima Neighborhood Health Services serves patients in the areas of Behavioral Health, Family Dentistry, Internal Medicine, Women’s Health, Primary Care, Pediatrics, Vision Care and Pharmacy. Our mission is to provide affordable, accessible, quality health care, promote learning opportunities for students of health professions, end homelessness and improve quality of life in our communities.
Yakima Neighborhood Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity in the workplace and are committed to an inclusive work environment.
Why Work at Yakima Neighborhood Health Services?
YNHS offers great compensation for this position, with a starting wage of $22-25.30 an hour, along with high value of benefits of employer provided medical, dental, vision, life, disability and retirement insurances. To support our team, we also provide ten paid holidays, flexible amounts of paid leave and/or cash-out options, and retention bonuses to reward commitments to our mission.
Our Ideal Candidate:
We are looking for a team member that is passionate about serving our community and enjoys working in a team! Some technical requirements for this position are:
- Education and experience in education, public relations or customer service
- Experience in health care preferred.
- Ability to grasp and retain technical instructions
- Ability to develop technological processes from beginning to end and translate to lay language for staff and patient consumption.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficient verbal and written communications skills.
- Convenient if bilingual in English/Spanish.
- Ability to multi-task and mange disparate assignments well.
- Highly skilled to speak clearly and concisely as well as read, understand, and follow oral and written instruction.
Day to Day:
- Promote the use of video-based telehealth visits with both patients and staff
- Promote the use of the patient portal with both patients and staff
- Facilitate group and individual training for video-based telehealth appointments and patient portal usage with staff and patients
- Provide support and training to customer service staff to promote use of both the patient portal and video-based telehealth appointments
- Provide support and technical assistance to staff for video-based telehealth appointments and patient portal usage.
- Function as the champion for video-based telehealth appointments and the patient portal, utilizing multiple strategies to keep these options top-of-mind for both staff and patients
- Track usage, enrollments, and other quality measures for video-based telehealth and the patient portal.
- Performs necessary data entry to assist in quality assurance activities.
- Provide and promote staff and patient education to support health education efforts and digital literacy efforts.
- Research information related to quality improvement and quality & accreditation as needed/directed.
- Assist in coordinating meetings, activities, and events as needed.
- Assist Chief Quality and Compliance Officer as needed and/or directed.
- Assist administrative staff as needed and/or directed.
- Represent YNHS in local meetings as requested.
- Maintain organized, clean, efficient and confidential work area.
- Perform related work and other tasks as requested.